Many people think that getting pregnant is very easy, they only need to find ovulation period and have sex with each other from very beginning of preparation for pregnancy, and then they can smoothly become pregnant. But this is not case. Many couples trying to conceive find themselves trapped in day of determining their ovulation period because many people cannot accurately know their ovulation time. So, what day is ovulation period?Actually, if we want to find period of ovulation, we can judge by some characteristics of ovulation:
1. After ovulation, a woman's body temperature rises. However, since rise in temperature is not obvious, it is difficult to detect and takes a long time to track.
2. During ovulation, women lose their appetite. During period of ovulation, a woman's attention is often riveted to opposite sex, and not to food, which leads to poor appetite.
3. During ovulation, female breast swells and hurts. As follicles gradually mature, level of hormones in body will also change.
4. During ovulation, a woman's desire increases. Thus, women are more likely to conceive at this stage.
5. During period of ovulation, leucorrhoea intensifies in women. As ovulation period approaches, color of secret gradually brightens and becomes cleaner and more transparent.How to calculate ovulation period, please look down!
1. Method for assessing menstrual cycle
The shortest menstrual cycle in women is 28 days, and longest is 37 days. If menstrual cycle is inaccurate, you can use a formula to calculate it, for example, subtract 18 days from days of shortest menstrual cycle to get first day of ovulation (28-18=10), so 10th day after menstruation equals period of ovulation . The end time of ovulation period can also be calculated by a formula such as subtracting 11 days from days of longest menstrual cycle to get last day of ovulation period (37-11=26).
2. Measurement of basal body temperature
Basal body temperature is body temperature measured when a woman wakes up every morning, does not engage in any activity, does not drink water, does not eat, and lies in bed. It usually takes 3-5 minutes to measure, write down degree on form, wait a month, and then connect dots to form a basal body temperature curve. It can be seen from curve that after menstruation, body temperature clearly rises for a certain period of time, rate of rise is 0.5 degrees, and duration is at least 2 days. This stage is period of ovulation.
3. Analysis of cervical mucus
When ovulation period approaches, amount of cervical mucus secretion in women will increase 10 times, and it will become liquid and transparent, with a degree of threadiness of 7-8 cm, and in some it reaches 10 cm. Women can use their own cervical mucus to calculate date of ovulation , and this method is accurate.
4. Ovulation test strips
Women with irregular periods can also use ovulation test strips to check. It usually starts on third day after period has become clear, until two lines on test strip turn dark at same time, and ovulation occurs within 2 days, or second line is darker than first. A deep line also indicates ovulation.
The above is a method for calculating ovulation period and introducing some symptoms. You can also go directly to hospital to monitor your ovulation, which will be more accurate, and doctor will also let you know when pregnancy rate in same room is higher.